- Uber Kenya Driver Requirements
- Uber Kenya Car Requirements 2018
- Uber Car Registration – Documents Required
- How to join Uber in Kenya?
- What kind of insurance do I need?
- List of Vehicles Accepted by Uber Kenya 2018
With the launch of Uber🚖 in Nairobi in January 2015, Nairobi became the fifth city to adopt this excellent cab hailing service and it just spread like wildfire all over Kenya. Uber is an online cab hailing application using which a person can hire a cab to reach from one place to another. As a customer, one simply needs to enter the pickup and drop point. The drivers locate the clients from the application. The number of Uber taxis🚖 is rising in Kenya day by day. Uber has offered Kenyans a luxury of travel with safety and comfort.
Knowing this, you may want to join the Uber company. You would be amazed to know that the procedure is quite simple and quick.
✅Here in this article you will know more about ✅Uber Driver & Car Requirements, ✅How to Join Uber as a Driver in in Nairobi, Kenya? ✅Requirements for Driving an Uber Taxi, ✅How to register your vehicle with Uber & list of cars accepted by Uber Kenya.
Uber Kenya Driver Requirements
To become an Uber driver, one must fulfill the following requirements:
- An Uber driver must be 21 years old or above to qualify for Uber.
- One must pass the driving test.
- One must have three-years driving experience.
- A clean driving history.
- A valid national identity proof.
- A regular as well as PSV Driving License.
- No Criminal Record.
Uber Kenya Car Requirements 2018
When you own a nice car, there is nothing wrong in making an extra income with it. You love driving and with uber, you surely earn an extra profit with your skill. If you have made the decision to partner with Uber, then there are a few things you need to know about your car.
- One of the most common Uber Kenya car requirements is that your car should have a clean PSV Motor Insurance.
- You should also possess a motor registration certificate for your vehicle.
- Uber does not accept vehicles that are too old. The cars with Model 2006 or newer are inspected by Uber motor assessors for quality, driving condition, as well as cleanliness. If approved, only then these models can be used for taxi service.
- Only 4-door car or minivans are acceptable.
- The car should be in a good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial branding
- Pass a vehicle inspection
- No hatchbacks accepted.
Uber Car Registration – Documents Required
For a secure and quality service, Uber requires some documents while registering your car with Uber:
- Operating Card
- Vehicle Registration certificate.
- Vehicle inspection report
- PSV Car Insurance certificate
How to join Uber in Kenya?
Uber Kenya Registration process is easy and simple . To start registration, simply go to the Uber sign-up page. Make sure to fill up the required details and upload all the important information as required.
These include your driver’s license information, auto insurance, and registration, after submitting your basic information.
To partner with Uber, follow these steps:
- Download Uber Driver application on your smartphone and install it.
- Create a new profile and fill in general details like name, email, contact etc.
- Now add details about the vehicle to be used as Uber Taxi.
- Once you have added vehicle details, it will ask you to upload Uber Kenya Car Documents which we shared above.
- When you upload PrDP documents, you will be investigated for criminal background checks. In simple words, you also need a certification for good conduct. For this, you can apply for Police Certificate Of Good Conduct Online.
- As soon as the investigation is done, you will receive an invite to complete your driving test and screening session if and only if you are approved.
- After you get your Uber Certification Session, it’s a ‘GO’ to start your Taxi Business with Uber.
For every ride you make, it takes 25 percent and rest of 75 percent is entirely yours. Hence, more trips equal more profits.
What kind of insurance do I need?
You must maintain the following coverage;
- Third-party car insurance kenya
- Uninsured motorist injury
- Comprehensive car insurance (if you maintain a comprehensive and collision car insurance cover in kenya on your own personal policy, Uber’s policy will cover physical damage to that vehicle up to the actual cash value of the vehicle)
ALSO READ –
|Want To Start Taxi Business In Kenya? 🚖 Know The Requirements|
|Taxify Kenya Requirements 2018 – Drivers & Cars|
|Which Are The ✅Best Cars For Taxi Business In Kenya? (Insights)|
List of Vehicles Accepted by Uber Kenya 2018
Here you can find list of vehicles accepted by uber kenya.Uber offers three types of choices:
Uber CHAP CHAP
1. Uber X
Most new cars qualify to drive with UberX, which is the most popular vehicle choice among Kenyans. UberX offers comfort rides at reasonable fare for regular trips. The car to be applied for UberX service must fulfill following requirements:
- Only 4-door sedan in good condition
- Seating capacity should be at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- Operating windows
- Air conditioning
- A Working Radio
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- Cars model year 2006 or newer qualify to drive with uberX
Popular Car Models used for UberX:
- Mazda – Demio 1300cc
- Nissan – March 2006 and above (fuel efficient), Note 2006 and above (fuel efficient)
- Toyota – Vita 2006 and above(fuel efficient), Belta 1000cc, Passo 1000cc, Vitz 1000cc, Belta 1300cc, Passo 1300cc, Porte 1300cc, Reacts 1300cc, Vitz 1300cc
- Mitsubishi – Colt 1300cc
- Nissan – Swift 1300cc
- Suzuki – Swift 2006 and above (fuel efficient)
- Honda – FIT 2006 and above (fuel efficient), Insight 2006 and above (fuel efficient)
- Daihatsu – MIRA 2006 and above (fuel efficient)
Uber Vehicle requirements in Kenya
These are mid-tier luxury sedans which command higher fares for luxury travelling. Below are the requirements for Uber select vehicles in Kenya.
- The model year 2008 or newer
- Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No taxicabs, government cars, or other marked vehicles
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
Popular Car models used by UberSelect in Kenya
- Mazda – Mazda3
- Nissan – Wingroad, Bluebird, Lafesta
- Toyota – Corona Premio, Corolla, Corolla Axio, Corolla Fielder, 4Runner, Isis, Prius, Wish, Allion, Noah, Premio, Sienna, Voxy
- Subaru – Forester
- Mitsubishi – Lancer
Recently, Uber launched a new, low-cost service in Nairobi for the people who want conveyance at a low fare. So, the CHAP CHAP offers you to ride on brand-new small cars. Yes, it’s right! A fuel-efficient choice for the people looking for quick trip options in the budget. So, you may see a large number of white mini Suzuki Altos emblazoned with stickers reading “Uber Chap Chap,” and a slogan “Fika Faster, Save Chapaa” that translates as “Arrive Faster, Save Money.”
It launched in Nairobi in February and currently available in several cities of Kenya. Uber Kenya signed an agreement with CMC Motors, holder of Suzuki franchise in Kenya, and imported 300 Altos for driver-owners underwritten by Stanbic bank at a cost of Sh 835,000 per vehicle.
A rider with high ratings, between 4-6 points, will qualify to drive the Uber Chap Chap. This means a rider has to pay Ksh. 30,000 per month, after which, he/she will gain full ownership of the car.