- NTSA TIMS Services
- NTSA Vehicle Inspection Requirements Kenya
- NTSA TIMS registration procedure
- NTSA vehicle inspection Fee
- NTSA Inspection Booking Procedure (Steps).
- NTSA Motor Vehicle Inspection Checklist
- NTSA Inspection Booking Centres in Kenya
With advancement in technology, it is now easier to get your vehicle inspected by the National Transport Safety Authority( NTSA). All you need to know is the correct NTSA inspection booking Kenya procedure & requirements for NTSA motor vehicle inspection check.
Through its vision of sustainable and safe road transport system with zero crashes, it has has provided the NTSA Citizen Self-Service Portal.
The online portal has enabled the motorists to access the various services the NTSA offers without the hustle and bustle of going through the government offices, which is now a thing of the past.
NTSA TIMS Services
Do you know the services offered on NTSA TIMS portal? Here are some of their services;
- Vehicle registration
- Transfer of automobile ownership
- Online car search
- Car inspection
- Reflective number plate application
- Duplicate logbook application
- Kenya driving book
- Curriculum for training drivers guidelines
- Saccos in Kenya Pdf downloads
- Motor vehicle booking
- Model town board driving test
- NTSA fines in Kenya
- Subscribing to NTSA SMS
- NTSA PSV license renewal
If you are a millennial car owner, you just need to download the NTSA App on Google Play Store and access the above services offered by the National Transport Safety Authority.
The NTSA App has the following key features;
- You can have an access to the inspection status of your motor vehicle.
- The app provides you with the status of your driving licence.
- You can also check the status of your sacco licence.
- The status of the PSV licencing is also provide on the app.
- The app also provides the status of vehicle’s night travel licence.
- You can also report road incidents.
- You can verify application status.
According to the Traffic Act Cap 403, Section 17A, the Directorate of Motor Vehicle Inspection centers carries the functions listed below;
- Booking motor vehicles for inspection
- Conduct both motor vehicle inspection and certification
- Regulation of public service vehicles
NTSA TIMS registration procedure
Before you go for Booking of Motor Vehicle Inspection, the following are needed;
- The NTSA payment receipt. You are required to present an original copy of the payment receipt as a proof of payment mode for motor vehicle inspection.
- Your car to be inspected. For a successful inspection to be carried out, you need to present your motor vehicle to be checked.
- Present yourself for inspection to proceed. Your presence is of importance for the motor inspection to proceed.
Are you wondering how to get your car inspected? Worry not! The NTSA TIMS portal has got you covered.
Do you have NTSA TIMS account? If not, follow these steps to create the account for the first time;
- You need to click the register account link, which will directed to the e-Register an account page
- Sign up as a personal user under the individual category
- Key in your Pin Number
- Provide the details of your mother’s maiden name
- Key in your Phone Number and profession
- Proceed to click on the button which is next to mobile number to get verification code
- Key in the code which you have been given in the verification tab in order to finish the process of verification
You Might Also Need To Know – How to Apply for New Smart Digital Driving License in Kenya?
NTSA Inspection Booking Fee
NTSA vehicle inspection booking will cost you KES 1000 + third plate sticker fees of 700 shillings, and a convenience charge of 50 Kenyan shillings. TOTAL – 1750 KES. New charges effective from 1st April 2018
After creating an account with the National Transport Safety Authority, you are set to secure booking for your vehicle to be inspected.
NTSA Inspection Booking Procedure (Steps).
Follow these simple steps for vehicle inspection booking on NTSA TIMS portal;
- Go to > vehicle inspection tab > start the booking process
- For new car owners, click > new car booking, > key in your car’s entry number
- In case for yearly booking, click > annual booking > provide your car’s registration number
- Make payments via M-pesa, Airtel Money, Credit/Debit/Cash or KCB Bank.
- After payment, proceed to the complete button, you will receive a receipt which you have to present an original copy for vehicle inspection.
- Return to complete the inspection booking process
- Click > booking tab
- Choose > your nearest inspection station
- Select > time and date for inspection depending on your schedule. Note the system will make available for booking all the unclaimed slots while disabling sold-out bookings
- NTSA indicates dates and times that are free for booking using green and red bar. All spots in green are free while the red bar shows the dates and times that are fully booked.
- Submit > the information you have given.
- For viewing all your information, return to the vehicle inspection page. Click details to view the information
- Print the generic inspection booking slip for later use and inspection.
As a vehicle owner, you need to know that booking for motor inspection is valid for 14 days. When the time lapses and you have not presented your vehicle for inspection, afresh booking has to be done.
NTSA Motor Vehicle Inspection Checklist
Here is a checklist for motor vehicle inspection.
- Vehicle and driver information
- Exterior of the car
- Interior of the car
- Steering and suspension
- Safety lights
- Fluid levels
- Exhaust system
NTSA Inspection Booking Centres in Kenya
So you want to successfully complete your vehicle inspection at your nearest inspection center without much hustle?
Below is a list of inspection centers in Kenya;
- Kisumu inspection center
- Mombasa inspection center
- Kakamega inspection center
- Likoni inspection center
- Nakuru inspection center
- Garissa inspection center
- Embu inspection center
- Nyeri inspection center
- Nyahururu inspection center
- Machakos inspection center
- Meru inspection center
- Thika inspection center
- Voi inspection center
- Kisi inspection center
- Kericho inspection center
- Eldoret inspection center
- Kitale inspection center
- Nairobi area inspection center
- Ruaraka inspection center
Apart from vehicle inspection being mandatory for car owners according to the Kenya Traffic Laws, it also ensures that your vehicle is not only safe for you but also for the passengers and everyone driving around in.
In addition, the brakes and other components of the motor vehicle are also checked. This is to ensure that, your vehicle can operate on the road without putting other vehicle in harm’s way.
The other key benefit of getting your vehicle inspected, it ensures durability and longer life maintenance of your vehicle, in return you save more on car inspection and maintenance.
The vehicle inspection also covers car insurance. It is compulsory under the Kenyan Traffic law (Motor Vehicles Third Party Risks) Chapter 405, to have your car insured by an insurance company.
Failure to get an insurance cover for your vehicle, it will attract NTSA fine of KES 100,000. If you are having trouble finding a reputable insurance company, Next Insurance is your insurance company of choice.
Get your vehicle covered against third party liabilities and other risk factors in our car insurance Kenya coverage plan.
You Might Also Need To Know
- NTSA Driving Licence Renewal in Kenya via eCitizen and M-PESA
- NTSA Third Licence Inspection Sticker, NTSA TIMS [USER GUIDE]
- Third Party Car Insurance Kenya – Cover, Cost & Claim